jueves, 23 de marzo de 2017

An Interview with a Football Star

Recently, some students from 4ºB had the honor of interviewing retired football player Jose Antonio García Calvo. You can listen to the interview by clicking HERE, and you can the read the transcript of that conversation below. Our thanks to Teo, Irene, Manuel, Valeria, Pablo, Jimena and Carla for a job well done!


Teo: Today at Ciudad Pegaso, we have with us José Antonio García Calvo.

Irene: We are going to interview him for our blog CP Times. Hello! Welcome!

José Antonio: Hello!

Manuel: My name is Manuel. When you were young, what did you want to be growing up?

J.A.: Well Manuel, when I was younger I didn’t know what I wanted to do growing up. I only know that I wanted to continue having fun and I loved football. I really didn’t know what I wanted to do, but I wanted to be happy which is what you have to aim for and what you have to try to be.

Manuel: Thank You.

Teo: Hello, my name is Teo. Who helped you during your career as a football player?

J.A.: Well during my career, I looked for support from my family and my friends. I tried to do better from day to day and I achieved that because of their support.

Teo: Thank you.

Irene: Hello, I’m Irene. What football team did you support?

J.A.: Well, I am, of course, for Atlético de Madrid. I’ve played on three teams, but I am a fan of Atlético de Madrid.

Irene: Thank you very much.

Valeria: Hello. My name is Valeria. Who was your trainer?

J.A.: Well I had many trainers. And I tried gaining something from all of them. I tried learning from them. I tried to get better with them. And, well, most of the time I succeeded in that.

Valeria: Thank you very much.

Pablo: Hello, my name is Pablo. Why did you like being a football player?

J.A.: I liked being a football player when I achieved the goal of being able to play in Primera Edición because I was competing, it gave you the opportunity to go to many places, it gave you the opportunity to improve, it gave you the opportunity to share the victories, and to share the defeats… And when you share those things, it betters you as a person.

Pablo: Thank you very much.

Jimena: Hello, I am Jimena. One question, how did you get so far (in your career)?

J.A.: Well I got far by being persevering, by trying to improve day by day, by trying to do things right, by trying to learn about everything in every moment and by not putting myself down as well, you know? I think that it’s very important to always be aware of the things that could affect you and to take them in and make them better.

Jimena: Thank you very much.

Carla: Hello. I’m Carla. How did your football career go?

J.A.: Well the truth is that it went really well for me. I was a child who didn’t think could play in the elites. I had the opportunity to play in the elites, in the Primera Edición, with great teams and when you reach that goal, well it’s obviously because you did things well and becuase it went well for me. I really enjoyed what I’ve done and above all I have wonderful memories of my time as a football player.

Carla: Thank you very much.

Jimena: Thank you for your words and for coming to Ciudad Pegaso.


J.A.: Thank you all. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario